Our Summer Reading Program begins June 4th! The theme this year is, ‘Dream Big…Read’. Our kick-off event will be Tuesday, June 5th at 11:00 a.m. with a visit from the Minnesota Zoo with an assortment of nocturnal animals. At the end of the month, on Thursday, June 28th, at 2:00 p.m. we will host Z Puppets Rosenschnoz . Both of these events are funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota’s Art and Cultural Heritage Fund. Join us if you can.
Story time continues Thursday mornings at 10:30 a.m. and Lunch Bunch is Wednesday, June 6, 13, 20, and 27th for children K- 3rd grade. Bring your own lunch at noon and then stay for activities and crafts. The event is free, but please call the library, 320-589-1634 to register.
Book Bunch is for older kids and will be on Thursdays in June, 7, 14, 21 and 28. The featured book is Roald Dahl’s BFG. Again, the event is free, but registration is appreciated – 320-589-1634.
Our Friday Flicks (movies) will be shown on Friday, June 22, 29, July 6 and 27th at 2:00 p.m.
New this year is a Mad Scientists Club on Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 5, 7, 12 and 14 for grades K -6 from 1 – 2:30 p.m. Science Kits from the IEEE grant will be featured with instructors for hands-on exploration.
Also new this year is a fine forgiveness opportunity for kids 17 years and younger. Stop in the first week of June and we will waive any Morris library fines you have (this does not include fines from other libraries or lost or damaged books).
The library received a donation from the Riverview Dairy Foundation to purchase Spanish Language books (fiction books in Spanish). These books have been ordered and will be available soon
The Friends of the Library are preparing for their annual book sale, Friday and Saturday, July 13 and 14, during Prairie Pioneer Days. It is not too late to donate books you no longer need.
The library display case for June features a collection of turtle figurines that Tom Turner has collected over the years.
Looking ahead, the next day we are closed is Wednesday, July 4th.
A selection of new non-fiction items include:
- After Camelot: a personal history of the Kennedy Family, by Randy J Taraborelli.
- Best of Knit Along with Debbie Macombler: 44 classic designs…
- Best Seat in the House: Mark Rosen’s Sports Moments in Minnesota Memories.
- Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, by Michael T Murray.
- Hidden World of Secret Societies, by Time-Life Books.
- I Got My Dream Job & So Can You: 7 steps to creating your ideal careet after college, by Pete Leibman.
- Shadoe of the titanic: the extraordinary stories of those who survived, by Andrew Wilson.
- Wild About Greens: 125 delectable vegan recipes for kale, collards, arugula, bok choy and other leafy veggies everyone loves, by Nava Atlas.
- Yoga Back Book: the natural solution to freedom from pain, by Stella Weller.