Happy Leap Year!
Our movie license has been renewed for another year. This allows the library to show movies in our meeting room. Sharon Ehlers arranges for a number of movie events for children throughout the year. Other groups are welcome to show movies in the library as well.
The second annual Prairie Gate Literary Festival will take place March 30th and 31st. Aspiring writers and literary enthusiasts will learn from and interact with published writers, editors, and other professionals through such readings, workshops, and panel discussions on campus and in the community. On Saturday, March 31st from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. there will be a reading and discussion at the library by graphic novelists, Brittany Sabo and Anna Bratton.
The Friends of the St Paul Public Library have created a Minnesota book award for a variety of authors. This is their 24th year. On April 14th winners will be announced and Bodies of Light by Athena Kildegaard (Red Dragonfly Press) is one of the nominated books for poetry. Cover art for her book was created by UMM Art Professor, Michael Eble. We will stay tuned.
The library display case for March features a collection of items to celebrate St Patrick’s Day and Irish culture. If you have items that would make an interesting display, contact the library, 320-589-1634 to reserve the display case.
A selection of new books received include:
- Akiane; her life, her art, her poetry, (child prodigy) by Foreli Kramarik
- Celebrate Cupcakes, by Lindy Smith
- End of Illness, by David Agus
- Fashion: a visual history, by N J Stevenson
- Healing Grief, Finding Peace, by Louis LaGrand
- Kitchen Counter Cooking School, by Kathleen Flinn
- Millennial Momentum, by Morley Winograd
- Publish Your Book, Patricia Fry
- A series of how to draw books:
- Flowers & Botanicals
Wishing you the luck of the Irish…
Happy St Patrick’s Day,